Thank you for agreeing to assist me with my project in my docotral studies.
For this assignment I have identiied 3 partners to collaborate with throughout this course in order to solicit input and feedback about the Program Proposal that I developed in the previous course (EDUC 8103), and about the learning tasks I will design in this course(8104).
Anticipated completion of this project will be mid January 2011. My request is that you visit this link by invite request and/or on a weekly basis to offer your input or suggestions.
Please visit the links to the right of the screen for more details on the project, collaborative partners, and topics for discussion comments.
Please feel free to email me with questions at mary.spencer@waldenu.edu.
Mary Spencer
I hope you are having a great day. I was able to read the blog today, but could not figure out where to respond. Per your suggestion, I am e-mailing you my ideas.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a wonderful plan/workshop that you have in place. I really think all of the sections you have indicated for this workshop are very important to a successful job search that has a professional flair. I have a few thoughts that you may have already considered:
1. How was the order of the activities determined? Was it considered to have the marketing section before the mock interview section, as students may gain some information on this section to utilize during critiques for the mock interview section?
2. Will networking cards and 30 second commercials be discussed? I have some articles on these topics if you would like them.
3. Will resources also be handed out about where you can find networking opportunities--FUEL, LinkedUp Milwaukee, Young Professionals of Waukesha, Professional Business Organizations, etc.?
4. A follow-up activity for a different workshop could be Speed Networking.
Posted by Laura 1/13/11
It appears that some of the workshop participants will be actors in the mock interview. Is this correct? How many will this be? What is the anticipated size of the audience? How much opportunity will all participants have to actively individually practice their interview skills? Is there some kind of mini activity within the mock interview segment where participants could pair and do a 5-minute interview scenario and then have a couple minutes of feedback based on what was taught/learned during the activity? This would be an opportunity for immediate application and transfer of learning rather than merely theory and observation.
ReplyDeleteBy Kevin Ballard on Update on program proposal on 1/13/11
hi Laura! Thanks for your remarks. The order of activity overall is to try and provide knowledge and resources the students can build upon. However, due to some logistical issues we have found it challenging to get the guest speakers to present in that ideal format. The syllabus agenda does allow for some flexibility in the event we can or need to make changes. To make sure we have an understanding of the need to incorporate all of the lessons delivered during the workshop, an overview of the program and the goals are presented in the beginning. I like your idea of a follow up workshop. We do offer resources for many things during the presentation, including resources for clothing purchase. I would welcome any that you have to offer.
ReplyDeleteThose are excellent questions Kevin. The intent is to have secured, ahead of time, a volunteer to interview with the presenter. The students will have an opportunity to have a table discussion about the interview, asks questions and provide feedback to both the presenter and the volunteer.